Cancellations - Refunds
Cancellations can be made at the Travel Agency, Port Agency, Premium Sales Agent or at the offices of the Company where reservation and payment were made. Depending on the time of cancellation the following amounts are refunded:
- A 100% refund, up to 14 days prior to departure.
- A 50% refund, from 13 days to 24 hours prior to departure. Alternatively, clients can make their ticket OPEN with validity for one year from the date of issuance.
- The Company has no obligation to refund 24 hours prior to ship's departure or if the passenger does not report at check-in. Passengers have the right to make their ticket OPEN with validity for one year from the date of issuance.
- In the event of a partial cancellation of a round trip of which the one crossing has been completed, the passenger will be charged a one way fare and will be refunded as above for the balance of the round trip fare.
- In the event of a whole cancellation of a round trip, the passenger will be refunded as above (based on the time of cancellation).
In cases of cancelation of a return ticket the aforementioned terms are in full force. A request for refund must be made in writing and the actual refund may take place in a three month period after the date of travel. Cancellations and refunds can only be settled through the Travel Agency, , Premium Sales Agent or offices of the Company where reservation and payment were place. Port Agencies may cancel a reservation once check-in is finalised but not refund money. The Company is entitled to retain the total value of ticket if the passenger interrupts his voyage at an intermediate port, unless the interruption is due to illness, accident or force majeure.
Passengers with open return ticket must reserve their return journey through the Travel Agency, Premium Sales Agent, Port Agent or the offices of the Company, where reservation and payment were made, well in advance. Return fares are always calculated on the basis of the low season fare. In the event that a passenger travels in shoulder or high season or during a period in which a new tariff is in force, then the difference between the current and the pre-paid fare has to be paid by the passenger. During high season, the Company cannot guarantee the reservation of the passengers on their desired travel dates.
In case of a lost ticket, the passenger must immediately notify the issuing Travel Agent, Premium Sales Agent, or the Company. The reissued ticket can only be picked up by the owner with valid identification. Note: At check-in, all passengers must furnish proof of ticket ownership with either a valid identification card or passport.