KLM has reviewed the checked baggage policy for Flying Blue Ivory members travelling within Europe on a KLM Economy class ticket.
For any journey on/after 01 October 2014 the first bag can be checked-in for free as long as the ticket is issued before 01 October 2014 for all Flying Blue Ivory members.
For this group the baggage policy will be revised for tickets issued and travel on/after 1st of October.
For tickets issued and travel on/after 1st of October, all Flying Blue Ivory members will receive a 50% discount on the price or Miles amount of the first checked bag.
The fee is 50% of the price of the first check-in bag.
- For off-airport (prepaid) this fee will be EUR 7,50 or (1,500 Miles)
- For on-airport this fee will be EUR 15 (3,000 Miles)
- For non-Flying Blue members the price remain EUR 15 off-airport (prepaid) and EUR 30 on-airport.
The following routes (to and from), excluded from the new KLM baggage policy :
- Italy, except for Bologna, Florence, Turin and Venice
Also the below passenger types, excluded from the new KLM baggage policy :
- Flying Blue Elite members (Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club2000 and Skipper)
- Corporate customers (for both published and contracted fares)
- BlueBiz customers
- SkyTeam Elite+ and Elite customers
- Customer travelling on a Y/B-class ticket (full flex ticket)
- Business Class customers
- Special programs: eg. Seamen/Missionaries
- Infants not occupying a seat also keep their 10kg free checked baggage